Correcting problem with Outlook 2013 not always sending messages

I have recently upgraded my windows computer from Windows 8 to Windows 10, which in general is great, but it did cause a problem with outlook 2013, in that some messages wouldn’t send. The problem wasn’t consistent, which was confusing, I tried searching the internet for help, but the solutions offered all seem very complicated, so I contacted my web host, who talked me through the solution, which worked, so I thought that I would share this here.

Please note – I am not technically orientated, I am just repeating the steps for my benefit in case I need it in the future – if you follow these steps, you do so at your own risk, and if it doesn’t solve your problem, please don’t ask me – I won’t know the answer.

So to solve the problem:

  1. I right clicked on Windows icon.
  2. I selected command prompt (admin)
  3. I typed “sfc/scannow” then enter.
  4. I let this run the scan (took about 15 minutes).
  5. Once scan had finished I closed down Outlook and then restarted it.

As mentioned earlier, I am not technically minded, so I have no idea what is happening with the above apart from it appeared to fix my problem.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: